Test Construction & Item Writing with New Emphasis on Next Generation NCLEX Webinar
by Susan Sanders, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, Vice President, Kaplan Nursing & Ryan Goble, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, Curriculum Specialist | February 11, 2020
In our recent webinar, “Test Construction & Item Writing with New Emphasis on Next Generation NCLEX,” we took a deep dive into how nursing educators can best prepare curricula for the upcoming Next Generation NCLEX.
This informative webinar covers topics such as:
- Describing best practices for writing different types of nursing items (Multiple Choice, Select All That Apply (SATA), Fill-in-the Blank, Cloze, Drag and Drop, etc)
- Comparing lower and higher level test items
- Analyzing test items and adapt to create higher level items
- Understanding the NCSBN Measurement Model and how to construct Next Generation NCLEX (NGN) items
- Discussing how to transform your current items to NGN-style
We look forward to seeing you at our next Kaplan Nursing webinar!
NCLEX® is a registered trademark of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc. Test names are the property of the respective trademark holders, none of whom endorse or are affiliated with Kaplan.